Frequently Asked Questions

This page contains answers to some frequently asked questions about One Card.

Q: Who is our card vendor?

A: JP Morgan Chase (Customer Service 1-800-316-6056)

Q: How are FOAPs assigned to my purchases?

A: You supply your default FOAP within your application.

Q: Will I see a record of my purchases?

A: Transactions can be viewed at any time on-line at smartdata J.P.Morgan, typically within 24 hours after charge. Each cardholder will have their own user ID assigned to them. You will also receive a monthly statement listing all purchases from JP Morgan Chase. You are responsible for maintaining receipts and other documentation for reconciling your statement.

Q: Are my records reviewed?

A: Yes, after you reconcile the monthly transactions on-line with your statement your manager must approve the charges electronically. The Program Administrator also reviews statements and receipts.

Q: Will the One Card have any impact on my personal credit reference?

A: No. The One Card is a corporate liability card, not a personal liability card.

Q: What do I do if I need to charge a transaction to another Department's budget?

A: You will need to contact the budget supervisor to request approval. Upload the budget supervisor's email with your receipt. The Program Administrator will then change the accounting detail.

Q: Can other individuals use my credit card?

A: Yes, but we must have the appropriate paperwork on file and they must have had Procurement Training.

Q: Under what circumstances might my credit card be declined?

A: Your card will be declined if you attempt to use the card for a blocked merchant category, if your card is compromised, incorrect expiration date or any of the following limits have been reached:

  • Monthly limit – the dollar amount a cardholder is allowed to spend per month
  • Single transaction limit – the dollar amount allowed per transaction

Q: What do I do if my Card is declined at a point-of-sale and I know I have not reached my limit?

A: Try the transaction a second time. If declined again, call JP Morgan Chase or the Program Administrator. They can detail the reason of the decline. Also, if applicable, JP Morgan Chase can have the transaction manually authorized.

Q: Can my limits be increased for travel?

A: Yes, you need to contact the Program Administrator prior or during trip and provide a copy of your travel authorization.

Q: What if I'm traveling and didn't have my limits increased?

A: You can call the Program Administrator to increase the limit. If you are at check-out, you will need to call JP Morgan Chase.

Q: What if my card is lost or stolen?

A: You are responsible for the security of your card and all transactions. If your card is lost or stolen contact JP Morgan Chase immediately at 1-800-316-6056 to block usage of the card. A report will be filed and a replacement card issued.

Q: What if I don’t recognize a charge listed on my statement?

A: If you're using your credit card as a department card, verify with other individuals. If you think a charge has been made in error, contact the merchant where the transaction was made. If you can’t resolve the item in question with the vendor, contact JP Morgan Chase via the on-line disputing process or Customer Service ( 1-800-316-6056) to place the item in dispute or mark it as a fraudulent charge.