How to Get Amazon Tax Refunds
Follow the instructions below for sales tax refund from Amazon.
- Write in Amazon.com or Amazon. Com LLC (this depends upon which Amazon is listed on the order confirmation) on the vendor line on the NYS tax exemption certificate.
- If the order was filled by a third party vendor, write their name in the vendor spot exactly as it is on the order confirmation. You will need to contact this vendor directly-should be a link on confirmation to click on.
- Write in the date of order in the date box next to the Controller's signature.
- In the message tell Amazon you are exempt from sales tax and give them the order number and the date the order was place.
- Send the completed form or use the third party vendor url.
- You should receive an email back in a few days from them stating the credit you will receive.