What is an Academic Consultant?
Academic Consultants are advanced graduate students in the Alfred University school psychology program who can assist you with developing and improving the skills necessary to be successful in college.
What can an Academic Consultant help me with?
- developing time-management, organization, note-taking and study skills
- understanding and using effective learning strategies
- identifying and overcoming obstacles that may be impeding your academic success
- identifying other campus resources that may be helpful to you
Who can use Academic consultation?
- Academic consultation is available to all Alfred University students.
- To make an appointment with an Academic Consultant, stop by the Center for Academic Success on the 2nd floor of Herrick Library.
What can I expect when I meet with an Academic Consultant?
- Initial consultation appointments typically last about 45 minutes.
- During your first meeting, the consultant will do an intake assessment to determine your strengths, interests, and areas for improvement. Your consultant may assign you new strategies or exercises to try before your next meeting.
- In later meetings, you and your consultant will continue to work together to apply personalized, research-based strategies to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in college.
- Consultants may also refer you to other campus resources, such as the Wellness Center, the Career Development Center, your academic advisor, etc.
CAS Contact Information
Mailing Address: 1 Saxon Drive, Alfred, NY 14802