E-Forms Digital Signature Instructions
Some of AU's e-forms will require a digital signature. The first time you use a digital signature, you will be able to save your signature file and use it again each time you need to sign a document electronically.
1. Drag the cursor into the signature field, and click it to begin the signing process.
2. The "Add Digital ID" box will appear. The first time you sign an electronic form, choose "A new digital ID I want to create now." After you create your ID, you may use it each time you sign an electronic form.
3. Next, choose how you would like your signature file to be stored. Choose "New PKCS#12 digital ID file." This type of file is recognized and supported by a number of browsers and applications.
4. Next, type in the information that will be associated with your digital ID. Enter your name as you want it to appear on the document.
5. After you have entered your information, you will see the file location where your signature will be stored. You will be prompted to create a password that you will need to access your digital signature.
6. In the Sign Document box you will see your signature information. You will need to enter your password and click Sign to apply your signature to the document.
7. Save the document.
8. Your signature will appear on the form, and if you click on it, it will show the information from the form that is protected by your signature. If necessary, you may make changes to the document and re-certify the signature.