Banner & SP2 Issues
Provided below are some tips to help with Banner and SP2 issues.
Instructions on how to Enable Pop-Ups in IE
To allow only specific pop-ups:
Under XP SP2 you can enable the pop-up blocker and allow site-specific pop-ups. To do this:
- Open an Internet Explorer window
- Click on the "Tools" menu bar
- Choose Pop-up Blocker and then Pop-up Blocker Settings
- Type *.alfred.edu as a site where pop-ups are allowed and click Add
To allow ALL pop-ups: Open an Internet Explorer window.
- Click on “Tools” on the menu bar.
- Click on “Internet Options.”
- Click on the second tab, “Security.”
- If not already selected, click on “Internet” to select it.
- Click on “Custom Level.”
- Scroll down until you see “Use Pop-up Blocker” and click on the radio button next to “Disable.”
- Press “OK.”
- Press “Yes” when a message box appears, “Are you sure you want to change the security setting?”
- Press “OK.