Any Apple iMac or MacBook
If you have an Apple computer, you can use the Apple store to download Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Open the App Store on your computer and search for “Microsoft Remote Desktop.”
- Select and install Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 onto your computer.
- In your launchpad select Microsoft Remote Desktop to open the program.
- In the Microsoft Remote Desktop window, click on the “Add PC” button.
- In the PC name field put the IP address that was provided by your instructor. IP address shown is just used as an example. Please do not use it to connect.
- In the Gateway dropdown box select “Add Gateway.”
- In the Add a Gateway pop-up, type “edge.alfred.edu” and then click “Add.”
- Verify that your IP address is still shown and then select “Add.”
- You should now see the connection you created. Double click on it to launch the connection.
- You will see your computer start to establish a connection.
- When the password box comes up type your AU user name and password. This will be the same as your email but do not include the “@alfred.edu” for username. Click “Continue.”
- When the certificate warning box pops up, select “Continue.”
- You will now be connected to your remote lab computer. Use it as you would normally use a lab computer if you were physically sitting in a lab on campus.