Any Windows Device (Windows 10 Shown)
Other versions of Windows will work in the same way. There just may be slight differences.
- Search your computer for Remote Desktop Connection and click on it. This comes pre-installed on all windows computers. If you cannot find it please contact the ITS Help Desk at 607-871-2222.
- Click on and expand “Show Options.”
- Type the IP address provided by your instructor. IP address shown is just used as an example. Please do not use it to connect.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab and then click the “Settings” button.
- In the RD Gateway Server Settings screen select “Use these RD gateway server settings.”
- Type “edge.alfred.edu” in the Server name field and then click “OK.”
- Verify that your IP is still shown and then hit “Connect.”
- In the Enter Your Credentials pop-up screen, select “More Choices.”
- Select “Use a different account.”
- For the user name, enter “alfred\your user name” in the password box, then enter your email password. ”your user name” should be replaced with whatever your personal AU user name is. This will be the same user name you use to sign into Alfred University computers on campus.
- Enter the same login credentials for step 10 in the RD Gateway Server Credentials box.
- When the certificate warning page pops up click “Yes.”
- You will now be connected to your remote lab computer. Use it as you would normally use a lab computer if you were physically sitting in a lab in campus.