Information Technology Services
Email/Network Account Activation Instructions for New Students
- Visit My Alfred, click "Useful Links."
- Hold your cursor over "Email Activation," and select "Students."
- On the Account Activation page, click the link to read and agree to AU's Computing Use Policy.
- After you read and agree to the Computing Use Policy, return to this page and click "Start Activation Process."
- To start the activation process, enter your 9-digit AU student identification number, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number. If you do not have a Social Security Number, or if your SSN does not work, please enter the last for digits of your 9-digit AU student identification number.
- Click "Continue." This will take you to the account activation quiz. The answers to each question can be found in AU's Computing Use Policy.
- After you complete the quiz and activate your account, you will receive your AU username and password. You will be required to change your password.
If you have any difficulty activating your AU email/ network account, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 607-871-2222 or by email.