Web Standards : Introduction
- To provide clear information and regulations regarding the elements included in official Alfred University websites.
- To ensure that Alfred University websites comply with standards and regulations set out by the World Wide Web Consortium, the United States Federal Government, and the State of New York.
- To provide guidelines that will enable the University community to create websites that consistently and accurately reflect Alfred University's mission and goals.
Alfred University has 2 official websites, each with a different audience:
- this is an external website which includes art.alfred.edu, business.alfred.edu, engineering.alfred.edu, las.alfred.edu, herrick.alfred.edu and
scholes.alfred.edu. The targeted audiences for these sites are: prospective students and their families, alumni, current student parents, donors, and community members.
- my.alfred.edu - this is an internal site focused on faculty and staff & current students.
Any website that represents Alfred University or its official units is expected to follow the requirements and guidelines found in these web standards.