Conduct Minimum Sanctioning Guidelines
The circumstances of an incident may warrant sanctions in different than the minimum noted. Standard minimum sanctions that address specific policy violations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Physical harm involving malicious intent may result in suspension from the University
- Incidents involve the tampering with or misuse of fire alarms, fire safety equipment and/or smoke detectors or committing acts of arson may result in removal from Residence Hall housing and termination of the Housing & Dining Contract with no refund
- Serious and/or repeated fire safety violations may result in suspension from the University
- Consequence of being found in violation of a harm to persons and/or threatening behaviors towards an RA, RD or PS staff member will be severe.
Proscribed conduct consisting of violation of the student code of conduct and/or the Alcohol Substance Use & Abuse Policy:
- First offense may result in referral to an alcohol or drug education class, and parental notification of dependent students
- second offense may result in referral to an alcohol or education class, a ten-hour service contract and parental notification of dependent students.
- Third alcohol/drug offense or a combination of the two may result in suspension.
- Distributing alcohol to minors or distributing drugs may result in suspension.