Getting To & From
There are several ways you CAN get here from there. Here is Alfred University.
Rochester and Buffalo airports
Alfred University arranges shuttle service for students to get to and from the Rochester airport on dates that coincide with academic recesses. See Area Transportation.
If deciding not to use a car service, Luxury Limos can provide a shuttle service to our students from the Rochester and Buffalo airports.
Students should check the shuttle schedule before making flight reservations lest they end up without transportation to and from the airport! It’s important to note that the University operates the shuttle only on designated vacations or breaks.
New York City or Cleveland airports
Buses are available from these airports to Alfred, via taxi or other ground transportation. In Cleveland, a subway runs near the bus station to the airport from Cleveland’s Terminal Tower, which is within walking distance (4-5 blocks) from the bus station. In NYC, information about ground transportation from bus terminals to airports can be found at the NYC Port Authority website.
Buses run from the Alfred area to virtually anywhere in the U.S. Local buses maintain good schedules, however, schedules are subject to change, so it’s always good to call ahead. The Alfred Travel Center, a private travel agency in town, sells tickets for the Shortline/Trailways and Greyhound buses. Call 607-587-8842, or email Alfred Travel Info.
You can also call the bus companies directly
- Access Allegany: serves Alfred, Belmont, Olean and other Allegany county destinations.
- Thankful Thursday - Introducing ACCESS Allegany's Alfred-to-Wellsville and Houghton-to-Wellsville Shuttle Service
- Hornell Area Transit (HAT): serves Alfred, Bath, Canisteo, Dansville, Hornell and Wayland. 607-324-7910.
- Shortline/Coach USA: serves Alfred, Hornell, Olean, Corning, Elmira, Binghamton and points downstate including NYC and Long Island). See www.shortlinebus.com or call 1-800-631-8405
- Trailways: leaves from Hornell and serves major cities in NY State. Connecting carriers provide transportation to other destinations. See trailwaysny.com or call 1-800-776-7548.
AU maintains a “Ride Web Board” that gets a lot of traffic around break time. Only registered students can use it. Check out the Ride Boards