Getting To & From
There are several ways you CAN get here from there. Here is Alfred University.
Alfred University arranges shuttle service for students to get to and from the Rochester airport on dates that coincide with academic recesses.
Students should check the shuttle schedule before making flight reservations lest they end up without transportation to and from the airport! It’s important to note that the University operates the shuttle only on designated vacations or breaks.
If deciding not to use a shuttle service, Luxury Limos can provide a car service to our students from the Rochester airport.
Buffalo, New York City and Cleveland Airports
Buses are available from these airports to Alfred, via taxi or other ground transportation. Alfred University arranges shuttle service for students to get to and from New York City (Port Authority) on dates that coincide with academic recesses.
If deciding not to use a shuttle service, Luxury Limos can provide a car service to our students from the Buffalo airport.
In NYC, information about ground transportation from bus terminals to airports can be found at the NYC Port Authority website.
In Cleveland, a subway runs near the bus station to the airport from Cleveland’s Terminal Tower, which is within walking distance (4-5 blocks) from the bus station.
Call the bus companies directly
- Access Allegany: serves Alfred, Belmont, Olean and other Allegany county destinations.
- Thankful Thursday - Introducing ACCESS Allegany's Alfred-to-Wellsville and Houghton-to-Wellsville Shuttle Service
- Hornell Area Transit (HAT): serves Alfred, Bath, Canisteo, Dansville, Hornell and Wayland. 607-324-7910.
- Shortline/Coach USA: serves Alfred, Hornell, Olean, Corning, Elmira, Binghamton and points downstate including NYC and Long Island). See Shortline or call 1-800-631-8405
- Trailways: leaves from Hornell and serves major cities in NY State. Connecting carriers provide transportation to other destinations. See trailwaysny.com or call 1-800-776-7548.
AU maintains a “Ride Web Board” that gets a lot of traffic around break time. Only registered students can use it. Check out the Ride Boards