Information Technology Services
New Student Account & Email Activation
If you are a registered student at Alfred University you are eligible to access the University's computer network and receive a free email account on the AU server.
All new students must complete the activation process in order to access their account.
Returning student accounts remain active. You do not need to reactivate.
What can you do with a network account?
- A network account allows you to access AU library databases from off-campus
- A network account allows you to log onto the public access computers in the computer labs and print from these computers. Without a network account you will be unable to use the printers in the open computer labs.
Why sign up for a network account?
Electronic mail is the official means of campus-wide communication. All students, faculty, and staff are required to read and monitor their Alfred University e-mail account.
How To Activate Your Account
Activating your network account is a simple process.
- Read and agree to the Alfred University Computing Use Policy
- Complete the activation process below
- Hang tight! Your account will activate within 1 hour