Policies and Procedures for Use of Susan Howell Hall
Below are the policies and procedures for Alfred University employees requesting the use of Susan Howell Hall:
- Reservations: Requests to use Susan Howell Hall during the academic year should be sent to Eliza Ordway to reserve the space and make arrangements with her to get and return the key. During the summer months, mid-May (after Commencement) through mid-August, requests should be directed to Bonnie Dungan, Director of Summer & Parent Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Alcohol requests: If you wish to have alcohol at your event it must be provided by AU. A completed alcohol permit request form must be submitted to the Student Affairs Office at least 3 weeks prior to the event as a special liquor permit may be required
- Dining needs: If you wish to have your event catered, please contact Kelly Spicer, Catering Director, to make arrangements. Kelly can be reached by calling: 607-871-2285 or you can email her at: email@example.com. You may provide your own food, however you will be responsible for clean-up (see below). Dining Services has table cloths and napkins for rent for a modest fee; contact Josie Owens for details.
- Room Set-up: If you have special room set-up requirements, you will need to email your request/s to: Physical Plant via workorder (firstname.lastname@example.org) if the event will be held during the academic year (mid-August to mid-May); or send your request/s to: Bonnie Dungan (email@example.com) if the event is being held over the summer (mid-May to mid-August) listing your specific set-up needs. Please note: additional charges for set-up may be assessed therefore an account number or name and address of person to bill will be required at the time of the request (please include in email).
- Fees: $200/day; however, this rental fee may be waived for AU faculty and staff as long as you agree to the following terms:
- Clean up the space after the event. Put all garbage in garbage bags (provided by you) and place them downstairs by the kitchen
- Take down all decorations (crepe paper, balloons, ribbon, signs, etc.; the use of confetti is not recommended) and clean up any residue from them; remove all flowers and floral arrangements
- Furniture returned to its original location if you handled your own room set-up
- Take all dishes and left-over food and beverage items with you
- Make sure all lights are turned off, windows are closed and locked, and the building is locked and secured
- Return the key to either Eliza Ordway or Bonnie Dungan; depending on time of year and who you made the reservation with
- Failure to comply with these instructions will result in your being charged the daily rate of $200