The rental fees for buildings on the Alfred University campus are listed here.
- Campus Center
- Kenyon/Allen (with or without Powell Board Room) - $200/day or $100 for ½ day
- Nevins Theater - $400/day
- Nevins plus K/A & or Powell Board Room - $500/day
- Knight Club - $500/day
- Whole Campus Center (if Knight Club included) - $500/day or $300 for ½ day
- Whole Campus Center (without Knight Club) - $400/day or $200 for ½ day
- Howell Hall - $500/day (No charge for AU faculty/staff/retirees if they don't require any services and agree to follow the procedures indicated in the Howell Hall Procedures document accessible on the Campus Event Planning website.)
- Ade Hall - $500/day
- Holmes Auditorium - $700/day
- CD Smith Theater - $1,000/day
- McLane Center (not including Fitness Center or Pool) - $1,000/day
- McLane Pool
- $30/hour for 1-25 swimmers.
- $60/hour for 26-50 swimmers
- $100/hour for more than 50 swimmers.
- Merrill Field - $1,000/day
- Health & Wellness Fitness Center - $500/day
- Classrooms - $50/day
- Roon Lecture Hall - $300/day
- Olin 302 Lecture Hall - $300/day
- Conference Rooms - $100/day
- Judson Leadership Center
- $75/half day
- Alumni Hall Rotunda - $75/day
- Gothic Chapel - $75/day
- Bandstand - $200/day
- Saxon Inn
- Breakfast Room - $125/day
- Conference Room - $75/day
Conference Package Rate
- Conference Rate for use of entire campus for 3-6 days - $1000 (plus $250/day for any additional days). For 2 days or less, rates will be charged as indicated above.
All arrangements for in-house events must be coordinated by the requesting department.
- If the space is to be used for AU business, there is usually no rental charge (except for Saxon Inn spaces).
- If the space is requested by a University employee for personal use, the fee for the Knight Club still has to be paid, but the fee for Howell Hall would be waived if they don't require the University to provide any services and agree to follow the instructions in the Howell Hall procedures document. Some of the other fees listed above would be discounted for University employees. (Exception: regular fees apply for Saxon Inn meeting rooms. Standard employee discount is available for Saxon Inn guest rooms.)
- In-house requestors should contact catering directly to make arrangements for their own events, Janet Marble to reserve space in the Campus Center or Howell Hall (or whoever is listed as the contact for the facility they wish to use), Janet Marble (if Campus Center) or Registrar (if Olin Bldg.) to arrange for audio visual equipment.
- In-house requestors who wish to have alcohol provided for an event must submit an alcohol permit request form to the Student Experience Office. The form (accessible from Campus Event Planning webpage) must be completed and submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the event as a special liquor permit may be required. If the form is approved a University representative will be in touch with the requestor to discuss details and bar arrangements.
Facility rental fees may be discounted or waived for non-profit groups based in Alfred and any non-profit groups whose event coordinator is an A.U. employee, depending upon the facility requested and the potential for charges relating to the event (e.g. Physical Plant charge backs for set-ups and/or custodial services, audio visual technician/equipment needs, food service, etc.).