Receiving Your Refund
There are a variety of ways to receive your refund. Please read through the following options to pick which method is best for you.
Receive your refund faster and more conveniently, Enroll in Direct Deposit Today!
EFT (Direct Deposit) is the preferred method of refund for AU. However, if you do not have direct deposit information on file, a paper check will be put in your Powell mailbox or mailed to your off-campus address.
Student Account Refunds...
- If your semester bill indicates a credit balance from financial aid, you will receive a credit of up to $650 in the Alfred University Bookstore in the Powell Campus Center. This credit is available approximately three weeks before the start of classes through the last day to drop a course for the term.
If you choose not to use your credit balance in the bookstore during this time, the full amount of your refund will be issued via check or direct deposit once we begin processing refund checks; 14 days after the start of the term.
- From the Fall semester can be applied as a credit to your Spring semester bill instead of being refunded to you. If you would like to do this, please email the student accounts office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are issued weekly beginning after the last day to drop classes for the semester and are available on Friday's
- Are issued based on actual financial aid, not anticipated financial aid
- Are not issued if you have a payment plan on your account that is not paid in full
- Are not issued if your credit balance is below $100 - please stop by the Student Service Center to receive your refund in the form of cash
Center for Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) Refunds
Refunds for our off-campus CITE program students are issued after the third class meeting of your second course each semester. Refund checks will be mailed to your home address (leaving AU on Wednesday afternoon) if there is no direct deposit on file.
Parent Plus Loan Refunds
Parent Plus Loan refunds will be mailed directly to the parent borrower unless otherwise indicated on the Plus loan application. If the parent borrower did not indicate this on the application but would like the Parent Plus Loan refund to go directly to your student, please fill out the Parent Refund Release Form and return it to the Student Service Center at your earliest convenience.
Withdrawal & Leave of Absence Refunds
All refunds for students electing to withdrawal or take a leave of absence are determined based on the date of the withdrawal or leave using established University policies. Additionally, your financial aid may be subject to proration or complete removal which may result in a balance due upon your departure from the University. If you are considering to withdrawal or take a leave, please stop at the Student Service Center and the Financial Aid Office to determine your potential financial situation.