Undergraduate Research Forum
The Undergraduate Research Forum (URF) provides all Alfred University undergraduate students with an opportunity to showcase their scholarship and creative activity. Held each spring, the URF brings together an intellectual community of highly motivated students to share their work with faculty, staff, peers, and external audiences. The URF provides a unique educational opportunity for aspiring researchers. AU undergraduates gain experience in presenting their research and answer questions about their work from audience members and guests.
All stages of research and creative scholarship are welcomed--from preliminary to capstone projects and everywhere in between! Research and creative activity conducted during courses, internship, Education Abroad, or community-based participatory research are also accepted. Work conducted during any semester (fall, spring, and summer) may be submitted for presentation at URF. Research is a process. Share with the university community where you are in that process when you present at the URF.
Students will have the opportunity to present their work in the form of a poster presentation at the forum. All currently enrolled Alfred University undergraduate students who are engaged in original work are eligible to participate. Those that received an undergraduate degree in the December immediately prior to URF are also eligible to participate.
Guidelines to Print a Poster
In order to print your poster, you must do the following:
- Sign up for a time to print using Bookings. Times are available Friday April 14, Monday April 17, and Wednesday April 19. You are welcome to schedule a time earlier than April 19 by emailing Nicole.
- Students need to fill out the Student Poster Printing Information Form using this link.
Guidelines to Submit an Abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the submission form after obtaining the approval of your faculty sponsor.
- Only the primary presenter should submit an abstract. Abstracts will not be accepted from advisors.
- Please use Times New Roman 12 pt. font.
- Abstract should be no more than 250 words (including title, etc.).
- Title of the work must be in capitals.
- First name, middle initial and last name of the presenter should be underlined.
All Abstract/Information forms are electronically due by 11:59 PM on April 13, 2023 via email to URF Submissions.
2023 Undergraduate Research Forum
Thursday, April 20, 2023
Wellness Center- McLane Annex
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
For more information on AU's Undergraduate Research Forum, please contact Shannon Yocum.