Web Standards Introduction
- To provide clear information and regulations regarding the elements included in official Alfred University websites (written content, visual identity and brand marks, photographs/videos, etc.).
- To ensure that Alfred University websites comply with standards and regulations set out by the World Wide Web Consortium, the United States Federal Government and the State of New York.
- To provide guidelines that will enable the University community to create websites that consistently and accurately reflect Alfred University's mission, vision, values and brand standards.
Alfred University has two official websites, each with a different audience:
- www.alfred.edu is an externally-facing website. The targeted audiences for this site are: prospective students and their families, alumni, current student parents, donors and community members.
- my.alfred.edu is an internally-facing website. It is focused on providing information to faculty, staff and current students.
Any website that represents Alfred University or its official units is expected to follow the requirements and guidelines found in these web standards.