First Generation Allies
As a first generation college student, you may encounter certain challenges that many of your student peers won't. If not your family and friends, who is there to turn to when these challenges of being new to college life present themselves? We're here to help.
As first generation college students ourselves, we understand those struggles and have come together as a faculty and staff support system to provide guidance and to share our individual stories of challenges and successes in college. Serving as on-campus mentors for Alfred's first generation student population, we'll work with you to gain independence, foster continued engagement in your studies, and validate your unique place in our diverse living/learning community.
Don't be shy. Reach out to learn more about us and share what's on your mind.
- Karla Arias - Graduate Student
- Jodi Bailey - Director, Marketing & Communications
- Wes Bentz - Professor Emeritus, Chemistry
- Sarah Broderick - Admissions Counselor, Enrollment Management
- Amy Button - Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Alexis Clare - Professor, Glass Science
- Krystal Cooper - Secretary, Athletics
- Danielle Gagne - Associate Professor, Psychology
- Christopher Gause - Assistant Director, Center for Academic Success
- Vicky Gebel - Director, Residence Life
- Gayle Gebhard - Administrative Assistant, Dean of Students
- Lacey Gosnell - Coordinator, Residence Life
- Del Rey Honeycutt - Director, Wellness Center
- Kerry Kautzman - Associate Professor, Spanish
- Kassie McCarn - Academic Success Coach, Opportunity Programs
- Jeff McDowell - Digital Content Writer, Marketing & Communications
- Nadine Shardlow - Director, HEOP/EOP Opportunity Programs
- Dillon Smith - Graduate Student, Assistant Director of Summer Programs, Military Veteran