What is an Academic Consultant?
Academic Consultants are advanced graduate students in the Alfred University school psychology program who can assist you with developing and improving the skills necessary to be successful in college.
Who can use Academic Consultation?
- Academic Consultation is available to all Alfred University students.
- To make an appointment with an Academic Consultant you can call or email CAS.
- Developing time-management, organization, note-taking and study skills.
- Understanding and using effective learning strategies.
- Identifying and overcoming obstacles that may be impeding your academic success.
- Identifying other campus resources that may be helpful to you.
- Initial consultation appointments typically last about 45 minutes.
- During your first meeting, the consultant will do an intake assessment to determine your strengths, interests and areas for improvement. Your consultant may assign you new strategies or exercises to try before your next meeting.
- In later meetings, you and your consultant will continue to work together to apply personalized, research-based strategies to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in college.
- Consultants may also refer you to other campus resources, such as the Wellness Center, the Career Development Center, your academic advisor, etc.
Senior Academic Consultants
Renae Mellerski, MA
Renae received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Houghton College.
Laura Herman, MA
Laura received her Bachelor's Degrees in Psychology and Math from Nazareth College.
Julie Salinero, MA
Julie received her Bachelor's Degrees in Psychology and Theatre Production from Elmira College.
Taylor Ayres, BS
Taylor received her Bachelor's Degree in Counseling Psychology and Lifespan Development, with a minor in Sociology, from Mansfield University.
Jacqueline Diana, BA
Jackie received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Stony Brook University.
Brittney Gawel, BA
Brittney received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Utica College.
Abby Nevill, BS
Abby received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, with minors in Education & Spanish, from Juniata College.
CAS Contact Information