What is an Academic Consultant?
Academic Consultants are advanced graduate students in the Alfred University school psychology program who can assist you with developing and improving the skills necessary to be successful in college.
Who can use Academic Consultation?
- Academic Consultation is available to all Alfred University students.
- To make an appointment with an Academic Consultant, you can stop by the Center for Academic Success on the 2nd floor of Herrick Library.
- Developing time-management, organization, note-taking and study skills.
- Understanding and using effective learning strategies.
- Identifying and overcoming obstacles that may be impeding your academic success.
- Identifying other campus resources that may be helpful to you.
- Initial consultation appointments typically last about 45 minutes.
- During your first meeting, the consultant will do an intake assessment to determine your strengths, interests and areas for improvement. Your consultant may assign you new strategies or exercises to try before your next meeting.
- In later meetings, you and your consultant will continue to work together to apply personalized, research-based strategies to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in college.
- Consultants may also refer you to other campus resources, such as the Wellness Center, the Career Development Center, your academic advisor, etc.
Senior Academic Consultants
Kelly Gardner, MA
Kelly received her Master's Degree in School Psychology from Alfred University.
Nina Mostowfi, MA
Nina received her Master's Degree in School Psychology from Alfred University.
Barbara Spaulding, MA
Barbara received her Master's Degree in School Psychology from Alfred University.
Heidi Bastian, MA
Heidi received her Master's Degree in School Psychology from Alfred University.
Renae Gochnauer, BA
Renae received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Houghton College.
Laura Herman, BA
Laura received her Bachelor's Degrees in Psychology and Math from Nazareth College.
Julie Salinero, BA
Julie received her Bachelor's Degrees in Psychology and Theatre Production from Elmira College.
CAS Contact Information