Off Campus Living
The Town and Village of Alfred, New York are distinguished by their rural setting, the vibrancy of a collegiate atmosphere, the intimate size of the neighborhoods and business center, and a spirit defined by friendly and caring residents.
Eligibility to live off-campus
Students who are in good academic standing at the end of the Fall semester prior to Spring housing sign-ups may be eligible to move off campus. If a student chooses to move off-campus without being released by the Office of Student Affairs to do so, he or she will still be charged the double room rate.
Requirements for moving off-campus
- Watch our instructional slideshow and complete the quiz at the end. You must get at least 8 of 10 questions correct. Access the PowerPoint here.
- Fill out and submit an Off Campus Online Application.
- 2.0 minimum cumulative and previous semester GPA
- No outstanding judicial sanctions
- Completion of six semesters of on-campus living (includes semesters spent on co-op or study abroad)
Resources for graduate and undergrad students
- Guide to Moving Off-Campus
- Tenant and Landlord Rights and Responsibilities
- Local Laws in the Village of Alfred
To view some of the links you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click get Acrobat to download a free version of the software.
Finding rental units
The following sites are representative of rental information and not to be considered as a complete resource of all off campus housing rentals available in Alfred and the surrounding areas. No one at AU has verified these listings or inspected any properties; students are entirely responsible for conducting their own research on available properties and making the decisions that are best for them.
Questions regarding off-campus living should be directed to the Residence Life office at 607-871-2186.