The Wellness Center offers internships, typically to seniors in the Psychology program, who are required to complete a practicum internship.
Internship responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Health & Wellness Coordinator in developing and coordinating peer outreach.
- Assisting the Health & Wellness Coordinator with peer and campus programming efforts.
- Actively pursuing current physical and mental health information and new health trends in order to act as an accurate resource of information for health and wellness promotion initiatives.
- Working with the Health & Wellness Coordinator to develop creative outreach projects and programs to efficiently deliver health and wellness programs to students at Alfred University. Some basic program evaluation may be required.
- Providing assistance to the Wellness Center including, but not limited to typing; filing; answering phones; developing marketing materials; presentations to student organizations, residence halls, and classes; outreach and tabling activities; wellness research; and program/event planning.