- Visit the My Alfred homepage and click on "Useful Info" in the top right of the page header.
- In the "Useful Info" dropdown, click "Email Activation" underneath the "Students" column.
- On the "New Student Account & Email Activation" page, click the "Start Activation Process" button at the bottom of the page.
- To start the activation process, enter your 9-digit AU student identification number, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number. If you do not have a Social Security Number, or if your SSN does not work, please enter the last for digits of your 9-digit AU student identification number.
- After submitting your information, verify that the information displayed is correct and, if so, click "Yes, continue." Otherwise, click "No, go back" and reenter your information.
- Read through the "Policy for the Use of Computing Facilities at Alfred University" and select either “I Agree” or “I Do Not Agree” at the bottom of the page.
- After clicking "I Agree," you will receive your AU username, email address, and a temporary password. You will be required to change your password before being able to access network resources. Click "Change Your Password" at the bottom of the page.
- A new page will popup to update your password. On the right side of the page, enter your email address, the temporary password given to you in the previous step, and a new password that fulfils our password policy and requirements.
If you have any difficulty activating your AU email/ network account, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 607-871-2222 or email@example.com.