Using Your U: Drive
Having an AU network/email account allows you to access a personal network space. This space allows you to put your documents in a place that you can access from anywhere on the AU network as well as from home. This will also give you a place to back up important files.
You can access and manage your U: Drive material online if you don't want to map the drive on your computer.
Locating the U Drive:On Campus:
Those connecting to an AU Windows computer on campus will automatically connect to the AU user space (U:Drive) on JOBS when logging on using your Alfred username and password. Use this space as you would any other drive. If you look in the ‘This PC’ icon you will see File Share (U:) (And the amount of space you have remaining on it).
If you don't automatically connect to your U:drive you can manually map a drive. You must have an active AU network account to access it.
To Map a drive:On Campus - Windows
- Right Click on This PC (or Computer depending on your version of Windows)
- Choose "Map Network Drive". You can choose any drive letter but you may want to use U:
- Type in the path: \\jobs.alfred.edu\username (username is your AU network user name) When asked for your username and password, you may need to type in alfred\ before your username in the username field. IE: alfred\abc55
- Make sure "Reconnect at Logon" is checked and click "Finish"
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox
- In the address field type: udrive.alfred.edu
- Hit "return"
- Log In
On Campus – Mac
- If on campus or connected to Forticlient proceed with the steps below.
- From the Finder window, hit Command+K to bring up the 'Connect to Server' window
- Enter the path to the network drive you want to map, example: jobs.alfred.edu/username
- Click 'Connect'
- Enter your login credentials
- Click OK to mount the network drive
- Select Registered User and enter your Alfred University credentials as shown below
- Once connected your U: Drive will appear in the Finder Window
Save U: Drive path so you don’t have to remap it on a Mac in the future
- Click on the Apple in top left of display screen
- Select System Preferences
- Select Users & Groups
- Click your Account in the list
- Click Login Items on the right side of the window
- Click on + to add an Item
- On the left side the jobs.alfred.edu/username should be listed
- Click on jobs.alfred.edu/username and then your username again
- Click Add
- Your username should now appear on the right side where Login Items are listed
Off Campus - Mac
- If the Mac is being used off campus and not connected to the Alfred University network, first install and sign into Forticlient.
FortiClient does not work on iPads
- Install Microsoft Remote Desktop (red app)
- Input Gateway as edge.alfred.edu