Below are links to important information regarding the benefits Alfred University offers to its employees.
- Regular Salaried Staff
- Regular Coaches and Athletic Trainers
- Regular Faculty
- Regular Hourly Staff
- Regular Hourly Professional
- Visiting Faculty
- Full Time Temporary Staff with One Year Appointments
Universal Benefits Guide
OptumRx Information 2019
MD Live Information
- On-demand access to affordable, quality health care- anytime, anywhere
- Click the link above to register your account today
- When to use telemedicine
- If your primary care doctor is not available
- Instead of going to the ER or an Urgent Care Center
- If traveling and in need of medical care
Over-the counter (OTC) at-home COVID-19 test kits
You have three options for coverage of OTC at-home COVID-19 test kits:
- Pay $0 at a preferred network pharmacy: Visit a Walmart, Sam’s Club or Rite Aid pharmacy and simply go to the pharmacy counter, present your member ID card, and ask to have your OTC at-home COVID-19 test kits submitted to your plan for coverage.
- Purchase a kit and then submit an electronic form for reimbursement: You can also purchase an OTC at-home COVID-19 test kit at other stores or online retailers. Keep your purchase receipt(s) to submit for reimbursement. To receive the quickest possible reimbursement of up to $12 per test, submit an electronic claim form by visiting Optum.
- Purchase a kit and then print and mail in a paper reimbursement form: If you prefer to submit your claim by mail, you can print a form at Optum and then mail it in. Reimbursement applies up to $12 per test. Please note: you will receive reimbursement more quickly if you submit an electronic claim.
Which COVID-19 tests are covered?
Coverage includes OTC at-home COVID-19 test kits authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The most common tests are BinaxNOW™, Flowflex™, InteliSwab™, On/Go™ and QuickVue®.
Is there a limit to how many tests will be covered?
Yes. Covered members can get up to 8 individual tests per month, e.g., a family of 4 would be eligible for 32 tests a month.
Statutory Sector (NYS College of Ceramics)
- Regular Salaried Staff (Statutory)
- Regular Faculty (Statutory)
- Regular Hourly Staff (Statutory)
- Regular Hourly Professional (Statutory)
- Temporary Faculty (Statutory)
- Temporary Salaried Staff (Statutory)
- Temporary Hourly Staff (Statutory)
- (Foundation Account #251100) –20% off base plan
- Visit nearest retail store or online
- Existing customers call 866-355-8923 to enroll
- 19% off base plan (if you have an unlimited data plan, the discount is not applicable)
- Visit Verizon
- Create a free account with your Alfred e-mail and unlock perks for employees
Government Required Coverage
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Paid Family Leave (PFL)
- New York State Worker's Compensation
- New York State Short Term Disability
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- New York State Unemployment Insurance
- Alfred University Annual Notice
- Alfred University Privacy Notice
- Alfred University Welfare Benefits Plan Document and Summary Description
- Alfred University CHIP Notice
- Alfred University Flexible Spending Benefit Plan Document
- Alfred University Notice About Your Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare