For any leave of absence, you will need to contact the Office of Human Resources 30 days before you begin your leave to ensure all the appropriate paperwork is filled out.
Please contact Tamara Green to discuss your leave options.
Initial Form(s) to be filled out when needing to take leave:
- Certification of Health Care Provider Employee's Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Health Care Provider for a Family Member's Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Current Service member
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave
Form to be filled out before employee can return to work if you are out for your own medical illness:
How to start a claim with Sun Life:
- Sign into Sun Life website (create an account)
- Click on Submit a disability/absence claim
- Complete the required information about yourself, your condition, your education and training, and work experience. You will be given an opportunity to review/edit your information.
- Certify that you read the fraud warnings and then select Submit.
- To complete your claim, you’ll need to print out some additional forms that you and your healthcare provider will need to fill in.
After you have initiated your claim, all inquiries or follow-up questions can be directed to the short-term disability client service number at 800-247-6875, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
Please note: When taking this type of leave Sun Life will not withhold FICA, federal and state taxes. Sun Life will provide the appropriate tax documents for employees at the beginning of the following year, so employees can claim the money on their tax returns. You should expect to owe money in for the taxes that you did not pay on this money when you file your tax return.
After you have initiated your claim, all inquiries or follow-up questions can be directed to the Customer Service number at 855-629-8811, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
Please note: When taking this type of leave Sun Life does not tax the amount that they provide to employees. They issue a 1099-MISC by Jan 31 of the next year and you will need to file this when filing your income taxes. You may expect to owe money in for the federal, state, and FICA taxes that you did not pay on this money when you file your tax return.
If you are injured while at work, you need to report your accident within 24 hours of injury to ensure coverage by Workers Compensation.
For forms such as direct deposit, W4, NYS IT-2104, and Taxable Gifts and Awards please visit the Payroll Page.
For forms such as the recruitment requisition, job description template, personnel action form, and the student/summer payroll authorization forms, please visit the Employment Administration page.
- Must work at least 30 hours a week
- Your federal loans have to be Direct Loans to qualify
- Your loans must be paid under an income based repayment plan
- Have to make 120 on-time qualifying payments then the rest of your loans are forgiven
- Complete and submit the Employment Certification for Public Service Loan Forgiveness form yearly to your loan servicer to certify your employment
- Human Resources can certify your employment and verify employment dates
Please visit the Federal Student Aid website on this site you will be able to fill out your form electronically and you can send it to Tamara Green for completion. Alfred's FEIN number is 16-0743900 you will need this to complete your application.
The Process of Corrective Action
- Verbal Warning
- Written Warning accompanied with a Performance Improvement Plan (HR needs to be involved)
- Final Written Warning accompanied with a Performance Improvement Plan (HR needs to be involved)
- Termination (HR needs to be involved)
- Hiring Forms and Instructions
- Personnel/Directory Data Form
- Employee Name Badge Order Form
- Employee Separation Checklist
- Employment Exit Interview Questionnaire
- Position Change Exit Interview Questionnaire
- Volunteer Program Release and Waiver of Liability
- Grievance Form
- Complaint Form for Reporting Sexual Harassment