At Alfred University, we realize that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are delighted to honor your dedicated service and commitment to our organization. It is our employees who uphold our principles, demonstrate our vision of working for a better future for our University, deliver on our customer promise, and make us the passionate organization we are today.
The success of our organization is a direct result of your efforts and dedication. Your commitment to quality and personal and professional integrity is the differentiating factor that sets us apart from our competition.
Employee Recognition Dessert Reception
Annually, in May, we hold a dessert reception for all Faculty/Staff to celebrate: Years of Service, Retirements, and Service Award Winners.
We honor years of service for: 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50 years.
Please join us at our 2nd Annual All Employee Recognition Reception on May 14, 2019 from 2-4pm in Ade Dining Hall.
Awards and CriteriaThe Bob Condrate Lifelong Learner Award
- Continually seeks further education/professional development to enhance his/her growth
- Demonstrates a passion for gaining knowledge over a sustained period of time
- Proactively shares their knowledge and/or expertise with campus community
- Fosters a positive attitude
- Demonstrates initiative and stands out among the AU community
- Exemplifies the purple and gold Saxon spirit
- Abides by high standards of professionalism
- Demonstrates proactive engagement with tasks lying ahead
- Completes tasks with attention to detail and the utmost care for quality in presentation
Guidelines for Submission of Awards
These service awards will be awarded at the annual Employee Recognition Dessert Reception. Employees who fit the criteria can be nominated all year long. The deadline for submitting nominations for the May service awards is April 1, 2019.Purpose of Awards
To recognize faculty/staff for extraordinary service to the University.Eligibility
All Alfred University faculty/staff members (full or part-time), other than those serving as a temporary employees, adjunct professors, or visiting professors, who have been employed continuously for a minimum of three years. Previous recipients will not be eligible for a period of three years.
There will be one faculty and one staff member to win each award.Nomination Procedure
Nominations may be submitted by students, faculty, administrators, and staff no later than April 1 for the 2019 service awards.Presentation of the Awards
The awards will be presented in May, at the annual Employee Recognition Dessert Reception. All faculty/staff are encouraged to attend to support their colleagues.Selection
Evaluation of nominees will be made based on demonstration of the following criteria for extraordinary service:
- Service that is in addition to duties of the position, evident over a period of time
- Direct service to identifiable University constituencies OR service to the external community, rendered on the University’s behalf, that brings special recognition to the University
- Beneficial impact evident to the campus community
Nominations will be reviewed by the Employee Recognition Committee, which will make the final selection. If the committee believes that none of the nominees meets the criteria for the award, the committee may recommend that no award be presented. There is no requirement that the award be presented annually.Supporting Materials
Each nominator should provide sufficient supporting material for the committee to evaluate. Such material should include at least the following information:
- An electronic nomination form detailing how the nominee’s extraordinary service meets the criteria for this award
- Any relevant materials/examples as to why the nominee should win this award
Please refer any questions to Kayleigh Misner, HR Generalist.