Student Employment

What to do before new employment begins:

Students may NOT begin working without completing the necessary paperwork (listed below) and producing their I-9 documents to the Human Resources/Payroll Staff. The I-9 process is a Federal requirement that verifies an employee's right to work in the United States. Students must complete this process with a member of the HR/Payroll staff no later than their first day of employment.  

To schedule an appointment, please click the link below:

If your last name is A-L: Brittany Hadley
If your last name is M-Z: Patty Barber

For Returning Student Workers Only:

If you are a returning student worker and have already competed your I-9 in the last year, you will not need to schedule an appointment. You will still be required to submit your Employment Authorization Card from Financial Aid & Notice and Acknowledgement of Pay Rate and Payday to Payroll in Greene Hall before your first day of employment.

Student Worker Payroll Documents:

Work Study Students:

  • Employment Authorization Card from Financial Aid
  • Notice and Acknowledgement of Pay Rate and Payday (LS 54)
  • W4
  • Appropriate I-9 documents (must be original and unexpired, no copies or expired documents will be accepted)
  • Bank account and routing number for direct deposit (optional, not required)

Non-Work Study Students:

If Student is International (additional documentation needed):

  • Passport
  • Visa
  • Social Security Card or Letter of Application
  • I-94
  • I-20

Student Employment Rules:

  • You may only work 20 hours a week between all positions that you hold, regardless of Work Study or Non-Work Study status. Our payroll week is Sunday-Saturday and you must stay at or under 20 hours a week.
  • If you work a shift of more than six hours, per New York State regulations, you must take a minimum of a 1/2 hour (unpaid) mandatory break. You must clock out on your timesheet to show the break. 
  • You are required to submit electronic timesheets in Bannerweb by 12pm (Noon) on alternate Mondays, please see the payroll calendar below for due dates. If you miss the Bannerweb deadline, you must stop in and see Payroll in Greene Hall for a paper timesheet. 

Helpful Links:

How to enter your hours worked into Bannerweb
2021 Payroll Calendar