Time & Attendance
It is the policy of Alfred University to assure that employees are accurately and wholly compensated biweekly for time worked. The University requires hourly employees to record time worked by completing time sheets provided by the University, and salaried employees to document all exceptions to time worked on the attendance report to ensure compliance with New York State and Federal wage and hour law as well as for historical record keeping and paid leave time accrual purposes.
- Time Record Maintenance
- It is the responsibility of the employee to accurately and completely record time worked and absences from work on the bi-weekly timesheet at the end of each pay period for hourly employees, or on a monthly exception sheet at the end of each month for salaried employees. Time sheets or monthly attendance reports are available in hard copy from Human Resource Services, the Payroll Office or on the HR Website.
- Time Record Completion and Approval
- Time sheet/records must be completed, reviewed and signed by the employee upon completion of the reporting period. Failure of the employee to submit a signed time sheet/record may result in delay of pay.
- All time sheet/records are to be submitted to the employee's supervisor or designee following the ending of the reporting period. Time sheet/records are to be reviewed and approval of the time sheet/record indicated by signing in the designated space.
- Non Statutory non-exempt Employees: Approved time sheets are to be forwarded to the Payroll Department no later than 12:00 pm on the Tuesday following the end of the pay period.
- Statutory non-exempt employees: Approved time sheets are to be forwarded to Human Resources Services no later than 12:00 pm on the Friday following the end of the pay period.
- Exempt Employees: Approved attendance reports are to be forwarded to Human Resource Services no later than five days after the end of the month.
Original Effective Date: 7/1/06