Alfred University Telephone System
Below is information and links on how to get started with your office phone.
Telephone Reference Guide
Herrick-ITS Ground Floor
To dial a university number, dial the four digit extension.
To dial a number off campus:
- Local 607 Area code - Dial "9" and the number
- An "800" number - Dial "9-1" and the number
- Operator assisted calls - Dial "9-0" and the number
- Alfred University Security - Dial 2108
- Fire or Ambulance - Dial "9" then 587-8111
- Alfred Police Department - Dial "9" then 587-8877
- Emergency - Dial "9" then 911
If you have any questions about, or problems with your telephone service, stop by our office in the Herrick Library-ITS, ground floor or call extension 2806.
Business Media Phones with Skype for Business - Quick Tips