Skype for Business Quick Start Guide for Mac
A communication tool built for businesses to connect anywhere, anytime.
Table of Contents
- Install Skype for Business - Mac
- Sign into Skype for Business
- Chat in Skype for Business
- Share and Schedule in Skype for Business
- Enter your work or school account.
- Select Continue.
- If your organization provides instructions, follow the prompts on the screen. Otherwise, enter your password.
- Select the Keep me signed in check box if you'd like Skype for Business to save your information so you don't have to enter it each time you sign in.
- Select Sign In.
- Select Skype for Business - Preferences... - Audio/Video to select your microphone and speakers.
- Select Apple - System Preferences - Sound to set the Output and Input volumes.
Chat in Skype for Business on Mac
- Type a name in Search for Contacts, and select your contact's listing when it appears.
- Select the contact and select Groups to add them to a group or to Favorites.
When you add a person to your contact list, they receive a notification. External contacts must accept your invitation before you can see their availability.
- Select a contact, and then select Send an Instant Message .
- Type your message in the Type a message here... box, and press Return or select .
Select a contact, then on their contact card select or Start a Call or Start a Video Call .
Note: If you don't have a camera, the video call options are not available.
Select Answer to accept the call, or Ignore to dismiss the call and send it to voice mail, if available.
Select Hang Up or press Ctrl+Enter.
Note: To end an instant message, close the conversation window.
Share and schedule in Skype for Business on Mac
Select Share Screen to share your desktop in a meeting, call, or IM conversation.
You need to be a presenter in a meeting to share your screen. If the option appears dimmed, ask one of the presenters to give you presenter access.
Select Stop Sharing when you're done.
Select a contact, then select Send File in the Type a message here... box.
- Select your photo or avatar, then select the status menu arrow below your name.
- Select the status you want to display.
- To undo your change and have Skype for Business automatically update your status, select Automatic.
In Outlook Calendar, open the event and select the Join online meeting link.
While composing a meeting request in Outlook, select Organize Meeting - Online Meeting - Add Online Meeting.