Faculty & Staff Support
Helpdesk Mission Statement
The mission of the ITS Helpdesk is to encourage, empower, and educate Alfred University faculty, staff, and students in their use of computer technology. We are committed to providing a reliable "single point-of-contact" for our users by giving courteous and prompt attention to each incoming request.
Table of Contents
The ITS Helpdesk provides support for questions concerning computer technology. Users may visit the ITS Helpdesk on the lower level of Herrick Library, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Assistance is also available over the phone at 607-871-2222, email Helpdesk, or through an online help request.
- Assistance with AU-supported software, including Microsoft Office
- Hardware support for AU-owned and leased computers
- Desktop computer replacement every four years for lease agreement participants
- Assistance with network or wireless concerns
- Limited printer support - troubleshooting and arranging service from Toshiba
- Walk-in learning center with access to 2 PCs and a scanner
- Equipment Lending
All faculty and staff have access to an AU email account. New employees must contact Human Resources to request an email account. After you establish your account, you will be assigned an email address. You should check your email regularly, as it is the official method of communication at Alfred University.
- Access to AU library databases from off-campus
- The ability to log into classroom and lab computers
- Access to storage space on AU's U:Drive
- Personal web page creation & hosting
Since 2001, Alfred University has participated in an aggressive program to upgrade desktop computers for faculty and staff. Both Windows and Macintosh machines are supported. Equipment and software outside the supported standards are paid for from departmental funds.
Requests for equipment not included in the original lease agreement should be directed to the appropriate college dean or department head.
Users may contact the ITS Helpdesk for a list of providers.