Helpdesk Mission Statement
The mission of the ITS Helpdesk is to encourage, empower, and educate Alfred University faculty, staff, and students in their use of computer technology. We are committed to providing a reliable "single point-of-contact" for our users by giving courteous and prompt attention to each incoming request.
ITS Helpdesk Support
The ITS Helpdesk provides support for questions concerning computer technology. Users may visit the ITS Helpdesk on the lower level of Herrick Library Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Assistance is also available over the phone at 607-871-2222, email Helpdesk, or through an online help request.
- Assistance with AU-supported software, including Microsoft Office
- Hardware support for student-owned computers and laptops
- Troubleshooting of virus and malware issues
- Assistance with network or wireless concerns
- Equipment Lending
- Walk-in Resource Center with access to two PCs and a scanner
- 24/7 Helpdesk Portal with information & How-To Guides for common tasks
Students Have Access to
- Free Internet access in all buildings on campus, including wireless
- An AU email account
- Public computer labs
- Cable TV in residence halls
Activating Your Network/Email Account
All AU students have access to an AU email account. After you activate your account, you will be assigned an email address. Your email address is also your AU username. For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username is abc1. You should check your email regularly, as it is the official method of communication at Alfred University.